Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Rythms

I've used the word "rythm(s)" quite a few times las week at work. I've been spending a lot of time working on processes with my teams. We're being assisted by Alistair Cockburn and it's been a learning experience. Alistair is great to work with. I've decided to read his book Agile Software Development. I hope to be the first to review it on Epinions soon. :-)

I'm really enjoying this stuff, process development. It's especially exciting when the teams are deciding how to do it. This bottoms up approach to product development is where the industry is at. I'm fond of the Agile Methodologies without actually using any of them. I haven't used the traditional waterfall method in quite some time, at least 2 years. I'm truly grateful for the management at AOL to have let me pilot some short cycle development processes. At SDC we're not using SCRUM or XP or any other "agile" development methodology specifically. We've customized our process to fit the projects.

More to come on this topic and working with Alistair



Technorati Tags:, ,