Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Working at a smaller company

I've never worked for a company the size of shopping.com, around 400 people globally. If you look at my linkedin profile you'll see that I've always worked for a 1000+ person company. While Shopping.com is part of Ebay, it still has retained it's structure and its own office as an subsidiary. Here are some of the things I've enjoyed in the first few months on the job, that I didn't seem to have with my previous employers.


  • Getting the Welcome presention from the CFO
  • Meeting the CEO and CTO on day three
  • Having the CTO and CEO at an employee feedback session
  • Almost every part of the organization is represented in the office (we still have a big group in Israel).
  • The business owners are local and you can walk to their desks.
  • An overall sense that the company is run out of this office.
  • The entire office celebrating launches (literally)


Technorati Tags: